Basic Personal Assistenz (EPA)
EPA is a community based form of support for adults with a mental and/or physical disability who are living independently and require predominantly practical assistance.
EPA both builds and strengthens the client's current skills and abilities. The goal is for the client, as much as possible, to live independently and self-sufficiently.
The form and style of support can therefore be very diverse:
- to support and guide clients in managing household tasks – grocery
shopping, cleaning the apartment, laundry
- attending appointments with clients
- assistance with paperwork and advice with budgeting/money
- support with medical issues and organization with appropriate specialist
doctors, and help in crisis situations
- assistance with finding leisure activities and motivation to participate in social activities
- strengthening/maintaining current employment or assistance with finding
EPA can be funded long term and can be applied to be followed on directly from Qualified Personal Assistence (QPA).
You are welcome to contact us when you have questions and ABeSa will support you through the application process. Please contact the following contact person.